This is an opportunity under the Internship Program under Pathways. The Internship Program provides students enrolled in high schools, colleges, trade schools and other qualifying educational institutions with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while completing their education. Veteran's Preference will be applied in filling positions under the Pathways Programs. These student positions will be filled within Directorates and Offices throughout the Foundation.Learn more about this agency
As a Student Trainee, you will:
- Play a key role in the processes involved in grants and cooperative agreements including soliciting and evaluating proposals, awarding funds, monitoring the status of grants and cooperative agreements, tracking budgets, and preparing a variety of reports.
- Work with a variety of automated systems to enter information about grant proposals, to forward information to reviewers electronically, and to facilitate panel review meetings.
- Coordinate the logistics for meetings and conferences of scientific panelists or senior leaders.
- Provide administrative support to staff including handling travel arrangements; and assisting in the management of the DD and/or DDD’s calendar and scheduling of appointments; answering phones; greeting visitors; and participating in the planning/coordination of meetings, including making space reservations, etc.
- Travel and Panel Meeting Coordination
- Proposal Management and Award Administration
- Customer Service
- Administrative Support
**This announcement may be used to hire Student Trainee (Administrative Support Assistant) or Student Trainee (Program Assistant) employees**
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580450200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.