You will serve as a SUPERVISORY GENERAL ENGINEER in the LIFE CYCLE MANAGEMENT DIVISION of MSFSC SHIP SUPPORT UNIT BAHRAIN.Learn more about this agency
Relocation and recruitment incentives up to 25% may be authorized. The current workweek is Sunday through Thursday. Employees hired from continental U.S. will receive Sunday Premium Pay (computed at 25% of basic hourly rate, eight hours per week).
- You will provide personnel management and supervision for a staff of Port Engineers and technical personnel who support the maintenance and repair functions of Military Sealift Command ships operating in the area of responsibility.
- You will establish work to be accomplished and assign work based on workload considerations, priorities, types of assignments and capabilities of employees.
- You will oversee material condition surveys and inspections of ship's hull, machinery and electrical systems and other components, identifying need, nature and extent of work required to enable ships to operate safely and efficiently.
- You will plan and coordinate repair work needed to obtain expeditious and cost effective resolution with minimal impact to ship mission requirements.
- You will evaluate ship generated voyage repair requests and regulatory body deficiencies, conduct ship checks to verify actual conditions, and provide input and analysis.
- You will serve as the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR), maintaining work progress records, evaluating condition reports, and advising the Contracting Officer where deficiencies may exist.
50% or less - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580425300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.