Additional Information:Learn more about this agency
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-05 Target GS-11).
There may be promotion potential above the GS-11 or equivalent.
The salary range indicated in this announcement will be adjusted to include locality payment for selected duty location. General schedule locality pay table may be found under, https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/
- Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- Total salary varies depending on location of position
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- A security clearance may be required
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
Applicants must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees OR at least 24 hours in business-related courses in any of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (This requirement can be obtained within the degree or in addition to the degree). In addition to meeting the basic requirements, applicants must have one year of specialized experience in the next lower grade accordance with Department of Defense 1102 Qualification requirements:
For the GS-05 grade level: A bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees AND at least 24 hours in business-related courses in any of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (This requirement can be obtained within the degree or in addition to the degree).
A current member of the Armed Forces (not retired or separated) OR a current DOD employee that meets the following requirements: 1) served as a contracting officer with authority to award or administer in excess of the simplified acquisition threshold on or before 30 September 2000; 2) served, on or before 30 September 2000, in a position as either an employee in the GS-1102 series or as a member of the Armed Forces in a similar occupation specialty; OR, (3) is in the contingency contracting force.
For the GS-07 grade level: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 level. Specialized experience is experience that may have been gained while in the Federal service procuring a wide variety products and services; administering terms and conditions of contracts; negotiating and awarding contracts and contract modifications; performing price/cost analysis; monitoring contractor's performance; performing work associated with termination of contracts.
OR One full academic year of graduate education or law school or superior academic achievement.
For the GS-09 grade level: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level. Specialized experience is experience that may have been gained while providing business advice to customers and performing all pre-award/post-award functions, using a wide range of contracting methods and types to procure complex and/or diversified commodities, services and/or construction.
OR Two full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education or Master's degree (or equivalent graduate degree such as LL.B or J.D)
For the GS-11 grade level: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level. Specialized experience is experience that may have been gained while providing business advice to customers and performing all pre-award/post-award functions, using a wide range of contracting methods and types to procure complex and/or diversified commodities, services and/or construction
OR Three full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education or PH.D (or equivalent doctoral degree)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of contracting principles, policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of business practices and market conditions applicable.
3. Skill in applying contract price/cost analysis techniques to a variety of pre-award and/or post-award procurement actions.
4. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience; transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here to check accreditation.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
For Direct Hire (DHA) Positions:
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice, under this recruitment procedure applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
Tax Law Impact for PCS: On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please visit: https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application for this Public Notice. Applicants who do not submit required documentation to determine eligibility and qualifications will be eliminated from consideration. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week (if part-time) and dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade, i.e. GS-0301-09. Current Federal Civilian Employees should list any relevant performance related rating (given within the last three years) and/or incentive awards in your resume. Do NOT include photographs (or links to social media such as LinkedIn), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, nor personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., on your resume.
- Transcripts/Registration/License: If qualifying on education/position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts and if required for the position, submit an active, current registration/license.
- Veterans: If claiming VRA, VEOA or Veterans' Preference - Submit VOW certification memo or copy of the official DD-Form 214, which must include the character of service/type under honorable conditions (i.e., with an honorable or general discharge). This will be annotated in block 24 on member copy 2, 4, or 7 of the DD-Form 214. If you are also claiming 10-point preference and/or 30% Disabled Veteran, you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable).
- Name/Rank/Grade of Service Member
- Branch of Armed Forces
- Dates of Active Service (Start and End Date(s)
- Expected Date of Discharge/Release from Active Duty
- Terminal leave start date (if applicable)
- Expected character of service/discharge and type of separation (i.e. separation or retirement)
- Must be certified within 120 days of anticipated discharge
- Signature by, or by direction of the adjutant, personnel office, unit commander, or higher headquarters commander.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 09/30/2021.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10905109
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Application button at the end of the process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent."
- It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week (if part-time) and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
550 C Street W
JBSA Randolph AFB, TX 78150
After you submit your application, you will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required.
Your application will remain active through the open period of this Public Notice. Once this Public Notice closes, you must reapply.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580333600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.