The Director for Office of Intelligence is responsible for implementing and supporting intelligence and related security programs that have a major impact on the overall operations of the Department of Commerce.Learn more about this agency
The Director for the Office of Intelligence plays a major role in the oversight of the Department’s intelligence support functions. Responsibilities include:
- Oversees Department-wide threat analysis, cyber, physical and counterintelligence initiatives to ensure proper protections against mission critical threats.
- Assists with a coordinated effort to strengthen integrated efforts across the Department and bureaus to correlate complex technical analysis and interpret all-source intelligence to include cybersecurity threat and compliance concerns generally associated with information and communications technology services supply chain transactions.
- Oversees intelligence analyst staff that provide timely, accurate, and focused intelligence support on the full range of political, economic, scientific, technological, and security issues.
- Establishes policies and procedures for providing intelligence support to officials and organizational components throughout the Department.
- Oversees intelligence requirements and reporting/product evaluations, facilitates relationship building and information sharing between Department policy, security, scientific and technological offices, and the Intelligence Community (IC).
- Supports the Office of the Secretary’s Executive Security Protection Division with protective intelligence.
- Affords high-level, strategic oversight to nationwide operations and ensures proper leadership of any affiliated areas of administration, finance, and acquisition, thus ensuring the Department’s investigations and intelligence requirements are directly supported through appropriate administrative, technical, and financial resources with requisite internal controls.
Occasional travel - Position may require some travel (25% or less)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580123000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.