This Senior-Level (SL) position is located in the Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention (OCSPP). If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement. About OCSPP: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/about-office-chemical-safety-and-pollution-prevention-ocsppLearn more about this agency
As Senior Science Advisor, the incumbent provides expert technical advice and guidance to senior management concerning hazard and exposure assessment, human health and ecological risk evaluation and science policy issues under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), and the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA).
Specific duties include:
- Coordinating across OCSPP’s offices to provide input to Agency leadership on homeland security policy, including EPA’s planning, prevention, preparedness, and response for homeland security related incidents.
- Serves as OCSPP’s primary liaison with EPA’s Office of Homeland Security, the Office of Emergency Management in the Office of Land and Emergency Management, senior officials in the White House National Security Staff, the Department of Homeland Security, other federal agencies, and non-governmental partners.
- During homeland security events, leading the collection and analysis of input from OCSPP’s offices to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and usefulness to the Federal government’s response.
- Leading efforts across the OCSPP science community to identify, develop, and implement harmonized risk assessment approaches that meet the needs of OCSPP’s regulatory programs under TSCA, FIFRA, and the FFDCA.
- Providing leadership and scientific expertise to the agency in the development of future science policies for the evaluation of chemicals and pesticides.
- Identifying and helping resolve internal science policy and risk assessment questions to facilitate development and timely completion of human health and ecological risk assessments for new and existing chemicals and pesticides.
- Serving as an authoritative liaison on health and environmental risk assessment and science policy issues for OCSPP on high level Agency, interagency and international work groups on matters of science and science policy related to human health and environmental risk evaluation.
- Providing support for testimony in legal and congressional hearings, and as necessary, serving as an expert witness in litigation/hearings to support Agency position for regulatory and enforcement actions.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580100000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.