These positions are aligned under the Compensation Center with full responsibility over all Network pay schedules, salary surveys, retention incentives and other pay incentives that require the Network Director approval. Involves analyzing, interpreting/developing/implementing laws, regulations, policies, and/or guidance involving areas within compensation administration.Learn more about this agency
*** Previous applicants do not need to reapply. ***
Responsibility of these positions include:
- Manages the establishment, verification, and continuance of all special salary rates and schedules Network-wide. Conducts valid wage evaluations, ensuring the integrity of comparable data from reliable sources are utilized as evidentiary support of establishment/update/continuance of compensation considerations. Monitors and recommends action on all pay limitation areas.
- Manages Network-wide participation of programs such as the Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP), Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), Retention, Relocation, and Recruitment (3Rs) incentives, and any associated Network-wide advisory boards (i.e. Retention Incentive Review Board).
- Establishes, reviews, and revises Network-wide locality pay schedules, Title 5 and Title 38 special rates schedules. Collaborates with facility designee (i.e., pharmacy executive, nurse executive, etc.) and solicits the views of union representatives, if appropriate, regarding the identification of survey data and job matching processes. Incumbent will review the survey data, pull employee pay data, analyze the impact of changes on existing staff and create a recommendation for leadership to consider in making a final determination whether to implement changes. Incumbent will ensure that personnel actions are initiated and processed for such pay actions. Analyzes, in conjunction with finance, the budgetary impact incurred from various compensation requests.
- Serves as the HR Technical Advisor for pay determinations regarding Network-level physicians, dentists, and podiatrists to the Network Chief Medical Officer. Performs technical reviews and provides guidance to the Medical Center Directors, Network Chief Medical Officer, and Network Director for physician, dentist, and podiatrist pay exception packages requiring either Network
Director or Under Secretary for Health approval. Coordinates with the Network Office and medical center staff regarding the schedule of Title 5 Federal Wage Surveys conducted within Network. This can involve coordinating with the DoD Wage Survey office representatives, organizing and coordinating support activities, ensuring representatives for labor and management teams are appointed, as well as preparation for the surveys.
- Develops, analyzes and issues standard operating procedures and/or processes for use in recruitment, relocation, and retention incentive programs; and other strategic compensation programs (e.g. Dual Compensation, etc.). Develops reports, briefings, and correspondence to leadership to foster understanding and acceptance of pay administration findings and recommendations. Monitor, control, and implement internal systems to continually access and improve program and overall impact on overall mission, objectives, and accomplishments. Conduct comprehensive studies, surveys and research, develops completed policy proposals including comparative costs. Makes presentations to all levels of Network and facility-level leadership.
- This description is not all inclusive and does require other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST. Reasonable tours will be considered for highly qualified candidates.
Compressed/Flexible: Will be considered for highly qualified candidates.
Telework: Will be considered for highly qualified candidates.
Virtual: Will be considered for highly qualified candidates.
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (Compensation)/PD99993A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580076000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.