The Business Office, Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial VAMC is seeking a superiorly organized, energetic, dedicated, current and permanent employee within VISN 1 to join their team in Bedford, MA. The primary duties of the position will be the Administrative Officer of the Day . They will have full authority to act on behalf of the Director and the Business Office Service Line Manager outside of normal business hours. This is a Bargaining Unit Position.Learn more about this agency
- Administrative Officer of the Day
- Functions as an administrative officer of the day as outlined by VHA directive 2009-050.
- Serve as primary contact after normal duty hours, is responsible for all medical, legal, and administrative functions of the health care facility.
- Maintains the operations of all administrative activities during :these hours, investigating all problems and incidents which may occur during the tour of duty, and assumes full administrative responsibility in the event of an emergency or disaster until relieved by the appropriate personnel.
- Workforce and Position Utilization
- Provides position management advice and recommendations to facility employees including providing advice on the distribution of workload among positions and organizations, and the skills mix or categories of employees needed to do the work.
- Develops proposals to merge or establish new organizational units within an existing organization for the purpose of improving workforce distribution, position management structures, efficiency, effectiveness or productivity.
- Performs organizational and/or manpower utilization studies on a limited scale to identify and develop improvement and efficiency. of manpower and work methods.
- Plans, develops and conducts internal review studies in deficient areas including records management, privacy and the overall program of the Administrative Officer of the Day.
- Management and Quality Improvement Studies
- Analyzes management techniques, processes, and styles for improving organizational effectiveness in Billing, Accounts Receivable, Utilization Review and Health Information activities, privacy, records management and the new scanning program.
- Directly assist in developing Beneficiary travel procedures that are new to the business office as well as performing studies related to night and weekend coverage (24/7) in the emergency room.
- Will assist with the transition of staff affected by the CPAC program and will collaborate with Employee Education, the VISN and other senior staff to ensure that staff needs are met over the next year.
- Assists in studies of health care processes, and styles.
- Uses basic analytical techniques.
- Works with Supervisory staff and/or has work checked by Business Office Service Line Manager before presenting final work recommendations.
- Budgetary and Financial Management Analysis
- Formulates, presents, executes, and analyzes organizational budgets.
- Participates in developing the annual budget formulation and/or execution process
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Medical Admin Specialist/PD091420
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- Administrative Officer of the Day
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580058000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.