The Program Applications Specialist provides business oversight for a variety of software programs integral to the overall administration and operations of the business office; responsible for the coordination and training for various information technology VISTA packages, e.g., ADT; Scheduling; PTF; Medical Record Tracking; Fee Basis; PDX; HINQ; etc.Learn more about this agency
Major duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as an integrator that coordinates business processes and software functions. The primary functions of this position ensures that business processes are in place to support implementation of new and updated information technology systems.
- Responsible for the coordination and training of facility staff in the business office and functional areas for various information technology programs.
- Responsible for assuring that all information technology equipment with the service is operational and functions and coordinates with OI&T equipment replacement/installation with all other services
- Coordinates and provides recommendations in the application of standards that affect the service. Coordinates ongoing data collection and basic analysis and uses knowledge of System Redesign principles to determine organization performance.
- Provides training and troubleshooting for clinical and administrative staff in business processes and associated supporting software
- Responsible for assisting with the preparation and implementation of the business contingency plans for system failure specifically addressing manual system backup plans addressing how day to day business will be conducted for long and short-term outages.
- Collects physical and data security needs for the service areas. Collects individual needs to determine menu access for staff, Regional Office employees, and employees from VISN VA facilities. Ensures OI&T assigns appropriate access to terminal and file codes for the purpose of controlling access to the patient and medical records.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 4:30pm; subject to change based on needs of the service.
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Applications Spec/PD16455-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580057600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.