The Iowa City VA Health Care System is recruiting for one Program Specialist - Personnel Coordinator in the Research department.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for assessing, coordinating, and managing research staffing needs for the biomedical, clinical, and rehabilitation research programs.
- Responsible for completing all 52's for the Research and Development service including 52's for new hires, extension of appointments, and resignations
- Works with all supervisors and principal investigators in the Research and Development service to determine performance standards and ensure mid-point evaluations and performance appraisals are completed for all employees each year.
- Responsible for completing the documentation required for Intergovernmental Personnel Agreement's (IPA's) with the affiliate.
- Responsible for the coordination and processing of approximately 200 Without Compensation (WOC) Employees in the Research and Development Service.
- Ensuring all VA employees, IPA personnel, and WOC employees have current PIV cards.
- Serves as an ADPAC and provides user account support to include set-up and configuration (e.g., user profile, e-mail, printer access, remote access), and troubleshoots user account problems.
- Acts as official records custodian, subject matter expert and records liaison for research and administrative records.
- Responsible for ensuring all policies and standard operating procedures are kept up-to-date and meet current federal regulations.
- responsible for ensuring all individuals involved in animal, safety and human subjects research meet requirements that are set and have received the necessary training to perform the research.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the ICVAHCS Research and Development Service website
- The incumbent will develop and maintain a monthly newsletter that will be sent out to all research personnel.
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Specialist/PD504590
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580053900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.