This position is located within the Environmental Management Service (EMS), Audie L. Murphy Campus (ALMC) of the South Texas Veterans Health Care System (STVHCS), San Antonio, Texas.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Full Time, Rotating Shifts; Day Shift: 7:00 am to 3:30 pm and Evening Shift: 12:00 am to 8:30 am;
- Maintains adequate clean linen levels and pillows on all linen using units with a 24-hour supply each day to ensure the needs of patients are met.
- Performs walk through inspections on all units for linen and pillow inventory to determine the exact linen items to be delivered.
- Cleans and disinfects folding tables located in the linen room to ensure sanitary conditions are met.
- Reads signs and/or other instructions to accomplish daily mission requirements.
- Use simple mathematics skills to receive, record, and/or fill linen orders.
- Maintains and fills Scrub Avail dispensing machines with scrubs as well as processing and issuing Scrub Avail cards to identified employees, based on local policy.
- Possesses basic knowledge in the use of a Personal Computer and use of office automation programs such as the ability to use Microsoft (MS) applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Checks general purpose linen (white sheets, pillowcases, wash cloths, bath towels, blankets, pajamas, bathrobes, etc) to determine if the items should be pulled out of the system due to fair wear and tear.
- Delivers all questionable replacement linen and pillows to the Sewing Machine Operator to determine if items should be replaced, mended, or salvaged.
- Serves as the primary back up to the Patients Assistance Program (PAP)
Clerk. Duties include picking up and delivering patient personal clothing and valuables. Inventorying and safeguarding patient personal items as well as other duties within the scope of the position.
- Reads, writes, understands, and carry out both oral and written instructions.
- Practices and enforces all sanitary measures to minimize the chances of cross contamination of clean linen.
weekends, and holidays. You may be assigned to work at the main campus (Audie L. Murphy VA Hospital) or one of the outlying clinics within the South Texas Veterans Health Care System.
Position Description Title/PD#: Laundry Worker/671-2408-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel occassionally for this position. 5% or less of the duty time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580053400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.