The position is located at the Phoenix VA Health System Medical Center in the Radiology Service (Breast Imaging Department). The primary purpose of this position will be an integral full-time member of the department work unit to help support the mission department to detect early breast cancers in Veterans receiving breast imaging examinations at the Phoenix VA.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but not limited to:
Research any internal or external prior breast imaging patient reports.
- Request Release of Information (ROIs) to acquire prior external breast imaging images and prior reports.
- Upload outside breast imaging studies/images and reports received and transmit to current or future radiology PACS/viewing stations (via CDs, digitized analog images, or any future method) for Breast Imaging radiologist physician review.
- Organize and maintain the Breast Imaging Department file (image storage) room.
- Monitors upcoming breast imaging appointments/schedules in order to recognize and retrieve internally located breast imaging studies as needed (including mammogram/ultrasound/MRI) to current/future PACS/viewing stations in a timely fashion, for Breast Imaging radiologist physician review.
- Assists in retrieving external (fee basis) breast imaging reports paid for by the VA.
Telework: Not available
Position Description/PD#: Program Support Assistant / 11241A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580050100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.