Learn more about this agency
The Licensed Practical Nurse Lead Screener is assigned to the Associate Director for Patient Care Services (ADPCS) - Float Pool service line. The LPN serves in a generalist role to support the process of screening all those who enter into the main Linwood facility for employment purposes or patient clinic/inpatient purposes.
The LPN Lead Screener provides a wide range of clinical and technical services that demonstrates complex technical judgment under limited supervision of a registered nurse. The complexity of duties includes serving as the site coordinator for all screening activities on campus related to COVID 19 pandemic response. The incumbent will be required to be flexible and creative in addressing issues as they arise with little or no direct supervision and will be required to interact with a wide variety of professional disciplines as the lead screener. They will have oversight of the screening process, the screeners and the complexity created by individual patient situations that arise as a result of crisis management at the entry portals to the facility including emergent care needs for both patients and employees. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Incumbent will open/maintain the labor pool office and maintain office hours in support of the screeners located at the entrances designated by the Incident Command Center and the Supplemental Nursing Pool (SNaP) Nurse Manager.
- Will address issues and concerns as raised by the screeners in the moment and as they arise.
- Will maintain excellent customer service.
- Uses appropriate protocol when on the radio and instructs staff in the screener pool to use the radio appropriately.
- Manages the orientation and validation of competencies for the screener staff.
- Manages the day to day operations of the screener processes/entry points and issues that arise as a result of the screener processes.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580047400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.