The LPN assigned to the VA Portland Health Care System (VAPORHCS) Specialty Care Clinics, under the Division of Hospital and Specialty Medicine and provides outpatient clinical services for the subspecialties such as Medicine, Surgery, and Neurology. The LPN functions as team member under the guidance of the Registered Nurse, but must be able to function independently and autonomously, according to established policies, procedures and practices.Learn more about this agency
The LPN is responsible for providing clinical assistive care and administrative support. The LPN must demonstrate the ability to observe, identify and respond to the Veteran's needs for nursing, medication, point-of-care testing, and equipment-assisted care and to recognize deviations from normal. Other duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for Veteran and Family/Caregiver assessment for health literacy and education needs, including health coaching.
- Completes the Health Promotion/clinical reminders as appropriate documenting accordingly.
- Performs care that is demographically and environmentally appropriate.
- Uses techniques to de-escalate disruptive patients.
- Responsible for ongoing, continuous care of assigned panel of Veterans
- Prepares and administers prescribed medications (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular and/or intravenous) and prepares treatments according to established policies/procedures.
- Recognizes urgent or emergent patient care situations and seeks assistance of the RN and/or MD/DO.
- Establishes constructive relationships with individual patients and their families.
Work Schedule: multiple tours may be available: M-F 0730-1600; M/W/Th/F 0730-1800; M/T/Th/F 0730-1800; M/W/Th/F 07-1730
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580044000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.