This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- You will be responsible for planning, directing, administering, and leading Threat Element activity during DoD mandated compliance inspections, cybersecurity inspections, vulnerability assessments, and Service-level risk analysis.
- You will serve as a Cyber Threat Emulator in the Command Cyber Operational Readiness Inspections (CCORI) to identify real-world risk by discovering vulnerabilities as they relate to mission-critical systems.
- You will assess threats and vulnerabilities through testing and evaluation activities such as network/enterprise penetration testing, web application security testing and conducting social engineering exercises.
- You will use extensive information technology (IT) expertise, analytical abilities and communication skills in order to identify, explain and document risk findings in the context of operational environments.
- You will conduct assessments to include determine deviations from required and/or acceptable configurations, evaluate existing level of risk, recommend appropriate remediation measures and evaluate remedial risk after remediation.
- You will identify vulnerabilities found within information systems (IS), networks, applications, programs and data and assess their associated exploitability and impacts to operators' missions.
- You will provide unit commanders with risks to their missions based on the network's current state of cybersecurity and provide the command the level of risk that a unit's cyber security posture poses to DODIN.
- You will run advanced exploitation techniques with and without the use of automated tools and enable access to targeted networks.
- You will advise U.S. Fleet Cyber Command staff on viability and implementation of new technology in conjunction with required inspection and assessment events and processes.
- You will demonstrate capability in running advanced exploitation techniques with and without the use of automated tools and enable access to targeted networks.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580042800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.