This position is for a Registered Nurse (RN) in Mental Health at the Hampton VA Medical Center . RN will be accountable for the provision of direct patient care and for delivering quality nursing care to a culturally diverse Veteran population with complex needs. The RN will work directly under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager. Must possess the knowledge and skills to effectively apply all aspects of the nursing process in management of acute and chronic mental health illnesses.Learn more about this agency
Responsibilities and duties for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Role responsibilities and accountabilities also include demonstration of knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age related needs of patients served in assigned area of practice.
- Communicate and interact appropriately and courteously with all internal and external customers.
- Maintain confidentiality of electronic, written, and/or patient/employee information.
- Demonstrate working practices that include adherence to infection Control standards and the safe use and operation of equipment.
- Completes initial assessments and re-assessments of patient condition and response to treatment and other clinical findings.
- Accurately documents in the medical record patient findings, assessments, and care provided.
- Establishes patient care priorities that ensure safe and effective patient care.
- Problem solves care delivery issues using the group process and the Interdisciplinary Team at the unit/program or service level.
- Participates in teaching activities for supportive personnel in learning activities and skill enhancement.
- Demonstrates professional behavior and good communication skills that enhance working effectively with others.
Tour of Duty: 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580041800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.