The Defense Acquisition University (DAU) is the recognized leader as a corporate university, advancing the use of technology in all areas of education. The professional faculty and staff at DAU work in a strong team environment to continuously improve the ways we help our students learn by delivering the right knowledge and skills at the point of need. Come join this dynamic team using your expertise to make a real impact in the acquisition community.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a Professor of Software Engineering Management with extensive experience and knowledge in modern software development methods (DevSecOps, Agile) and software product areas (Weapons Systems, AI, Cyber, etc), software assurance and provenance for large and complex military systems.
- Shares experiences, skills and knowledge of current statues, regulations and best practices with the acquisition workforce. Prepares the workforce to make the critical decisions required to provide technical oversight of requirements, development, testing, fielding and support of military hardware, software or information technology systems.
- Develops and conducts lectures, cases, simulations, workshops. Leads and facilitates student discussions, problems solving and presentations in resident and virtual environments.
- Performs as a "thinking partner" and consultant with acquisition customers and students, continuously improving product and service delivery to provide the right knowledge and skills at the point of need through mission assistance, workshops, classroom offerings and on-line resources.
- Creates learning asset content and coordinates with learning asset and technology subject matter experts within the enterprise for development of curriculum, to modify assets and enhance delivery methods as needed.
- Prepares course materials (student and instructor) according to current instructional systems design technology and develops course schedules.
- Develops and analyzes student assessments, and provides student counseling to ensure the highest degree of learning.
- Develops or contributes to development of online assets (e.g. courses, podcasts, videos) that customers can leverage in the absence of direct access to DAU faculty.
- Participates in professional research to ensure curriculum currency and to enhance the skill set and processes in your field of expertise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580033400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.