The incumbent is assigned to the Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT).Learn more about this agency
The RN for the Miami Outpatient PACT (Patient Aligned Care Team) will be responsible for the management and care of patients. Incumbent will deliver care management in a Primary Care teamlet to veterans to include patients with acute and chronic medical and/ or mental illnesses. Incumbent should be computer literate, flexible, customer friendly, have the ability to multitask and possess good interpersonal and astute nursing skills; accurately documents in the medical record patient findings, assessments, and care provided. Incumbent administers medication and treatments in accordance with established procedures/policy. Incumbent will complete lab blood draws and EKGs as needed. The incumbent may be required to float throughout the various specialty and/or community clinics (as needed).
CLINIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Complete clinic intake (vitals, reminders)
- Maintain clinic flow, room turnover
- Stocking, monitoring equipment and supplies for outdates
- Patient follow-up over telephone
- Administer medications based on scope of practice and hospital policy
- Set-up/take-down rooms for outpatient procedures.
- Assist providers and other nursing staff with minor procedures and outpatient recoveries
- Facilitate communication between providers and patients/families
- Patient/family education
INCUMBENT MAY BE REQUIRED TO FLOAT TO THE OTHER OUTPATIENT CLINICS IN HOMESTEAD, KEY LARGO AND/OR KEY WEST.
Work Schedule: Primarily Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm, but may be required to work variable tours of duty if needed for patient care purposes.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580004600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.