This position is the primary logistic support individual to the Biomedical Engineering Service in the areas of Budget and Contracting, with minimal Administrative/Clerical Support. Requires extensive Budgetary and Financial Planning using the AEMS/MERS, Microsoft Excel, and other databases as needed, planning, flow-charting and program administration to assist with Policies and Procedures and data gathering for budgetary forecasting, and spending controls and reporting features.Learn more about this agency
- Maintains records for the BMES annual Service budget and plans for future budget years
- Verify all contractual obligations have been met by vendors and resolve discrepancies with contracting, fiscal, and vendors
- Reviews all awarded contracts, for services to be provided, effective and end dates of the contracts, setting up contracts for (option years) as possible, and assuring in the future, there will be a seamless transition, without interruption of service or repairs
- Responsible for purchasing parts and service for BMES and holds a VA Purchase Card as the primary user
- Responsible for managing all received goods by verifying that each item is correct, what the area of application is and the impact on maintaining a proper inventory
- Assists the Chief, Biomedical Engineering and Service Supervisors to develop and implement improvements according to Continuous Quality Improvement principles, HPDM and Baldrige Criteria to the Service's policies and procedures as established, and informs staff of modifications
- Creates and prepares reports for BMES management based on facts that he/she gathered
- Responsible for all service administrative responsibilities that include, but are not limited to; Timekeeping, ADPAC, PIV coordinator, Tempo and LMS coordinator, training and travel requests, Sendword Now coordinator, ordering and stocking of office supplies, answering and screening of calls, and directing callers to the appropriate personnel.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: /
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579987700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.