Serves as a Russian language teacher for Undergraduate Education, European & Latin American School at the Presidio of Monterey. The Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center (DLIFLC) offers foreign language instruction in more than two dozen languages on a schedule that extends throughout the year. Courses are taught six hours per day, five days a week with the exception of federal holidays.Learn more about this agency
- Teachers employ computer skills to organize data and teaching materials.
- Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center offers an intensive student-centered environment with diverse opportunities for faculty development.
- Faculty members teach listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills, as well as geopolitical, economic and social issues, in an immersion based environment.
- Teachers integrate technology in the classroom and in homework assignments.
- Faculty members employ resources such as Smart Boards, the Internet, iPods, and Tablet PCs.
- Faculty members are expected to stay abreast of current foreign language teaching theories and methods.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579911700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.