This position has full oversight responsibility of departmental Quality Management program and may also include oversight of a departmental Quality Improvement (QI) program. That may include directing the work of lower graded staff. Performs daily inspection[s] of radiographic units to ensure proper mechanical functionality and ensures daily functionality of CR readers. Coordinates scheduling of preventative maintenance for modalities either through biomedical engineering or contractor service.Learn more about this agency
The technologist provides in-service training for technologists and other personnel involved in the operation and maintenance of CR readers, DR panels, and other PACS type of operations maintained within the department. Coordinates scheduling of preventative maintenance for modalities either through biomedical engineering or local contractor service. Works with physicists to ensure compliance with radiation safety program and for acceptance testing of all new installations of equipment. The technologist maintains accurate records, as required by management, for quality assurance analysis, quality control, performance improvement, and other related purposes.
- Design and implement effective processes and system controls to ensure the highest possible product quality, patient safety and diagnostic quality.
- Detect and prevent errors in imaging service's daily activities, report problems immediately, and formulate a corrective action plan for all the sub-specialty areas of Imaging.
- Develops reviews and maintains all imaging service's policies and operating procedures associated with quality assurance, including standardization of document control systems. Coordinates activities with Imaging personnel, Imaging Leadership, the PACS Coordinator and Biomedical personnel on all Quality Management programs.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, precedents, and accreditation requirements.
- Reduces process variations that can cause errors.
- Identifies, defines, and resolves issues associated with complex aspects of the collected data, and initiates corrective actions when equipment does not meet the established.
- Interacts and communicates with leadership, management officials, persons/groups, and organizations within and outside the Medical Center involved in quality management and/or quality assurance and control.
- Reduces process variations that can cause errors.
- Incumbent will perform technical writing and inquiries as assigned to complete report and queries from Service, VISN, and Imaging Board of Directors (BOD).
- Provides authoritative representation and interaction with management officials, other departments or organizations involved quality assurance and performance improvement.
- Supports and represents the Administrative Officer, Chief Technologist, and Chief of lmaging Service at committee meetings and other meetings.
- Applies concepts of quality design that are consistent with current or future series of standards for quality management.
- Coordinates systematic instrument and equipment quality assessment program with leads and supervisors to ensure that maintenance is current and performance failures are documented, tracked and corrected.
- Evaluates monitors and coordinates processes to optimize delivery of patient care services including improvements in appointment scheduling and access to care while reducing wait times.
- Works with various managers and information specialists to ensure accuracy of QA data collection, including workload, errors, and coding.
- Assists Service, leads, supervisors and managers with preparing and coordinating QA activity and preparing data for various inspections including Joint Commission, American College of Radiology (ACR), NHPP, FDA, OIG, and Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA).
- Interacts with facility's and Imaging Service's safety managers (including radiation safety and MRI safety) to integrate the safety program into QA plan.
- Incumbent works with Radiation Safety Officer to ensure compliance with Radiation Safety Program and that Imaging Services is compliant with JC and NHPP guidelines for acceptance testing of all imaging equipment. Work with physicist to ensure compliance with radiation safety program and force acceptance testing of all new installations of equipment.
- Coordinates all scheduling of preventative maintenance for modalities either through supervisors, biomedical engineers or local contractor service.
- Incumbent is responsible for correction of any noted non-clinical deficiencies identified during any on-site inspections.
- He/she is an authorized user of the Government Purchase Card for Imaging Service. As an authorized user of this card the incumbent is responsible for meeting the standards for documentation and reconciliation of the purchase cards as set forth by Federal and VA Acquisition Regulation and policies, as well as local procedures, including but not limited to the following: socioeconomic goals, mandatory sources, Central Contractor Registration (CCR), Federal Procurement Data Systems (FPDS), Item Master File, Vendor File, and Unauthorized Commitment and Delinquent Obligation.
- Incumbent manages the Scheduling and Order Management guidelines/audits including, but not limited to, Community Care order/consults.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579903800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.