The NRC will utilize Direct Hire Authority to fill future vacancies in a variety of Cyber and Information Security (INFOSEC) occupations. This vacancy is a REPOSITORY of applications. Applications MAY BE periodically referred to Hiring Officials both during the open period and for up to 90 days after the closing date of the vacancy. Due to the large number of applications anticipated, applicants status will not be updated UNLESS referred.Learn more about this agency
These positions may be Bargaining or Non-Bargaining.
Cyber security work involves the security of and operations in cyberspace and encompasses the full range of threat eduction, vulnerability reduction, deterrence, international engagement, incident response, resiliency, and recovery activities, including computer network operations, information assurance, diplomacy, military, and intelligence missions as they relate to securing the global information and communication infrastructure, protecting public health and safety; protecting the environment; protecting and safeguarding nuclear materials and plants in the interest of national security; and assuring conformity with antitrust laws.
NRC employees perform these functions through: standards-setting and rule making, technical reviews and studies; conduct of public hearings; issuance of authorizations, permits, and licenses; inspection, investigation, and enforcement; evaluation of operating experience; and confirmatory research.
The duties will range from Grade 12 to Grade 15 and will vary depending on grade and position to which selected. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing organizational efforts to ensure that the agency develops and maintains an effective computer security program.
- Computer security and in developing policies, procedures, standards, checklists, guidelines, and training related to the agency computer security program.
- Technical oversight and guidance to the IT Security Program.
- Working with IT Security staff at all levels to ensure adequate security controls are being implemented, that risks are documented and managed, and that security issues are addressed at the appropriate organizational level.
- Managing cyber security threat intelligence and ensuring that agency develops and maintains an effective IT security program.
- Responsibility for implementing operational security controls.
- Conducting security risk analyses and IT system vulnerability assessments.
- Providing incident response and conducting digital forensics analyses of computer systems.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to the grade level and series of the position.
Occasional travel - Travel varies by position and location.
Contingent - Promotion potential will be based on the position to which appointed.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579783600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.