This Senior Executive Service (SES) position is located in the Office of Research and Development (ORD). The location will be determined after a selection has been made for this position; if selected, you must work at one of the locations stated in this announcement. About ORD: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/about-office-research-and-development-ordLearn more about this agency
The National Program Director (NPD) for Sustainable and Healthy Communities (SHC) Research Program is located in the Immediate Office of the Office of Research and Development (ORD). The Office of Research and Development is the scientific research arm of the Agency, providing the data, tools, and information that form the sound scientific foundation the Agency relies on to fulfill its mission to protect the environment and safeguard public health. ORD operates in a matrix where research is planned by National Program Directors and the research is conducted in research centers. The National Program Directors and the Center Directors work in conjunction with the ORD leadership to design and implement ORD’s research portfolio.
Specific duties of the National Program Director include:
- Leading the development of a coordinated sustainable and healthy communities research program and ensuring that ORD's research products and services effectively serve the needs of EPA Program Offices, Regions, and external stakeholders over the short, medium, and long term.
- Developing a strategic research plan, known as the Strategic Research Action Plan.
- Serving as the primary liaison between ORD and EPA’s Office of Land and Emergency Management; working with other NPDs to ensure that EPA’s Program Offices, Regions, and external stakeholders are consulted for their research needs.
- Representing the SHC program to ORD’s Board of Scientific Counselors.
- Providing expert scientific leadership and direction for scientific and technical matters in the SHC research portfolio.
- Serving as the primary interface between the SHC research program and ORD senior management.
- Serving as ORD's principal spokesperson for the SHC research program and representing the SHC research program throughout the Agency and broader Federal and external stakeholder communities.
- Serving as ORD lead official for developing responses to Congressional, 0MB, and other inquiries related to the SHC research program.
- Supervising and coordinating the day-to-day activities of the professional staff assigned to the SHC research program.
- Planning and justifying the annual extramural and workforce resources associated with SHC.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579783300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.