This position is located on the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest with the Lakewood/Laona Ranger District in Lakewood, WI.Learn more about this agency
This position is located on a Forest Service unit. The incumbent assists in implementing the ecological programs to maintain a viable and dynamic forest system on a National Forest.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Todd Trapp at email@example.com or 715-674-4481 x6228.
- Utilize ecological principles, concepts, and practices to identify current and potential problems and offer corrective action.
- Identify methods and differences in plants and animals found in forest, grassland, prairie environments, hydrology, and soils to aid inventory and site evaluations.
- Demonstrate a familiarity with related environmental resource management fields in order to provide recommendations and different methods into ecological programs.
- Assist other staff units in analyzing the impact of proposed project plans and/or developments.
- Analyze ecological data and information to determine the effects of management activities.
- Assist in developing mitigating solutions to actions resulting from adverse effects on the land.
- Participate in creating, coordinating, and conducting environmental impact assessments, surveys, and/or site investigations to determine if projects are warranted.
- Assist in conducting portions of long-term ecological studies of vegetation to provide a basic understanding of ecosystems, land management, and planning information.
- Adapt standard practices, methods or techniques to establish the scope of work, prepare justifications and specification for the development of project plans.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for site visits, meetings, and/or trainings.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579762000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.