About the Position: Serves as the Deputy Chief of the Planning Division. As Deputy Chief, ensures coordination and consistency in procedures and reporting among the Water Resources Branch, Environmental Resources Branch, and PD Executive Office and represents the Chief in overall program discussions and decisions.Learn more about this agency
- Exercises day-to-day technical and administrative control to ensure overall work in PD is completed within scope, schedule and budget.
- Evaluates incoming policies, directives, correspondence and requests for information, including data calls, to determine and direct any necessary action, such as training, guidance, responses or reports.
- In the absence of the PD Chief, serves personally and through the two branch chiefs as the senior technical consultant and advisor to the District Commander on plan formulation and environmental activities.
- Helps facilitate liaison with the general public, newspapers, radio and television, Federal and local agencies, civic, social, and professional organizations on matters of mutual interest or concern.
- Prepares situation reports and other reports to communicate the Planning Division?s status of operation to the District Commander and higher echelons.
- Executes the full range of human resources and performance management within established timelines and in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Serves as the lead for oversight and tracking execution of the operating budget, in alignment with district and regional budget formulation and execution guidance.
- Conducts quality control/quality assurance for key processes and procedures in PD.
Occasional travel - Business Travel (TDY) is approximately 15% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579721600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.