This position is in the Office of the Chief Administrative Services Officer (OCASO), Space and Facilities Management Branch (SFM), where the incumbent serves as the Building Manager for the FTC Headquarters building. The incumbent works under the general supervision of the SFM Director with responsibility for overseeing and coordinating building facilities functions for OCASO. The incumbent is responsible for directing contractors in the areas of buildings facilities and custodial management.Learn more about this agency
If you are selected for this position, you will perform the following duties:
- Plans, directs, coordinates, oversees and administers all building operations, utility operations, repairs and improvements, HVAC, and preventative maintenance programs, along with overseeing all support documentation and reports related to these functions.
- Prepares contract specifications and estimates of costs for materials and man-hours required by trade, consistent with accepted trade practices for the procurement of goods and services needed to operate, maintain, alter, repair, improve, protect and clean government operated buildings.
- Plans and assigns work orders in the most efficient job sequence to the various service contractors, the Assistant Building Manager, and other trades involved, ensuring all preventative maintenance is performed effectively and on schedule. Inspects work performed along with maintenance logs, and supply and parts orders.
- Analyzes facility and equipment requirements, e.g., utility usage patterns, and inspects for compliance with energy conservation guidelines. Provides annual written equipment status reports in regard to building equipment status and recommendations for equipment upgrades or replacement.
- Develops reports related to building support required by the GSA/DOE and inclusive costs. Establishes procedures for gathering the information required for these reports.
- Formulates and submits to the Director of SFM annual cost projections for all expenses related to building support and related matters. Monitors fiscal management projects and monthly/quarterly expenditures.
- Prepares and monitors Blanket Purchase Agreements for building services in the areas of electrical, plumbing, painting, and HVAC.
- Assists in the development of project plans for agency-wide facilities programs and major building renovations by providing expert advice related to structural and mechanical systems or building functions.
- Effectively uses contract or in-house staff to meet changes in work load. Ensures safe working conditions in accordance with applicable guidelines and regulations.
- Translates accepted agency work authorizations into statements of work, detailed contract specifications, or purchase order nomenclature, as appropriate.
- Inspects, enforces, administers, and manages contracts in assigned areas of responsibility. Adheres to prescribed procurement and contract policies and procedures.
- Assists the Commission's technical representative and liaison, for the direction, coordination, and supervision of the GSA construction projects. The primary purpose of this function is to ensure that Commission employees continue to receive uninterrupted service while segments of the building undergo construction phases.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities in HQ building, ranging from housekeeping, waste disposal, grounds keeping, fire prevention systems, repair of facilities, and ensures customers are tended in a hospitable manner.
- Assist emergency response teams in evacuating occupants and containing emergency situations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579632200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.