The GS-12 Caregiver Support Program (CSP) Senior Social Worker for the Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers and the Program of General Caregiver Support Services is assigned to the CSP with responsibility to act as a subject matter expert (SME) within the CSP team. The incumbent will provide specialized consultation on the administrative and clinical considerations of the CSP as referenced in VHA Directive 1152 (1).Learn more about this agency
Duties of the CSP Senior Social Worker include, but are not limited to:
- Provides education and training, completes clinical assessments and makes linkages to caregiver support services as appropriate including, respite care, mental health services, legal and financial services, beneficiary travel (to attend required caregiver training and for an eligible Veteran's medical appointments), a monthly stipend payment (if qualified), and access to health care (if qualified) through the Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) as set forth in VHA Directive 1152 (1).
- Assists in the day-to-day operations of the Caregiver Support Program and ensures compliance and collaboration with local facility and VA Central Office Caregiver Support Program initiatives.
- Collaborates with the other members of the CSP team in the provision of comprehensive health care services to Veterans, ensuring equity of access, service, and benefits to this population, and ensures the care provided is of the highest quality.
- Provides leadership, direction, orientation, coaching, in-service training, staff development, and continuing education programs as assigned.
- Serves on committees, work groups, and task forces at the facility, VISN, and national level or in the community as deemed appropriate by the Program Manager, or Chief of Social Work Services.
- Develops and facilitates caregiver support groups and educational programs and distributes educational materials provided by VA, local, state, and national caregiver organizations.
- Participates in direct caregiver and Veteran contacts to assess caregiver stress/burden and the development/application of directed clinical treatment interventions.
- Provides caregiver and family clinical interventions to facilitate the treatment of caregiver stress, psychiatric illness, emotional distress, and social needs.
- Responsible for conducting regular home visits to Veterans and Caregivers, responds to calls from the National Caregiver Support Line, responds to other phone calls and general inquiries regarding the CSP.
- Maintains up to date knowledge about both the Program of General Caregiver Support Services and the Program of Comprehensive Assistance to Family Caregivers including regulations, action plans, national directives, policies and procedures to ensure collaboration and comprehensive service delivery.
- Advises and collaborates with interdisciplinary teams throughout the medical center on caregiver issues.
- Responsible for serving as a consultant for navigating the complex processes caregivers, Veterans, and their families encounter when interacting with government and community agencies. The incumbent stays informed regarding current federal and state legislation directed at assisting caregivers to continue to provide caregiving in an environment that is safe for both themselves and the Veteran. They serve as a liaison between the VA and community agencies. They participate in caregiver support activities and outreach activities in the local community and state to promote and recognize the role of the caregiver and participates on state and local caregiver support committees.
- Assists program leadership in maintaining a data monitoring system to measure the efficacy of the program and assists in collecting and analyzing local data for reports to local management, the VISN Caregiver Support Program Lead, and the National Caregiver Support Program, Care Management and Social Work Service, Office of Patient Care Services.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579580200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.