This position reports directly to the Agency's Chief Data Officer who is responsible for: leading the development of SEC's data management strategy and priorities; enabling data analytics to support enforcement, examinations, and policymaking; and ensuring that the agency collects only the data it needs to fulfill its mission and can effectively secure.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of a new and growing office. If selected, you will assist with building the office from the ground up and serve as the primary Counsel to the Chief Data Officer. Other duties include:
- Oversee legal matters involving OCDO, especially those related to compliance with the Foundations for Evidence-Based Policymaking Act and associated statutory requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between OCDO and the Office of the General Counsel as well as counsel in other Divisions and Offices.
- Draft and review legal documents associated with OCDO, including briefs, memos, responses to questions within and outside the SEC, data-related contracts including data acquisition, and associated documentation.
- Support OCDO by developing and carrying out processes that govern the SEC's collection and dissemination of information as well as developing and maintaining the SEC's data catalog and the SEC's contribution to the federal data catalog as required by law.
- Support the creation of data policies across the entire data lifecycle acquisition, access, sharing, usage, and dispensing acquisition, access, sharing, usage, and dispensing.
- Represent OCDO on various internal and external forums as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579564800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.