This position is located in the Call Center in Nutrition & Food Services (NFS) at RVAHCS receiving Veteran patients' meal requests. The incumbent properly processes diet orders. These duties require knowledge of approved diet order titles; the nutrition care manual; Electronic Health Record and diet orders and processing functions; food preparation, service, and delivery processes; modified diet terminology and restrictions; and computer operations.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as the primary communications liaison between patients and patient care units for the communication of all patient diet orders.
- Coordinates Call Center procedures with the NFS production and tray line areas in processing therapeutic diet orders, as well as resolving issues from wards or clinical staff relating to patient meal trays and nourishments.
- Responsible for obtaining meal requests from Veteran patients and helps them plan daily menus based on their tolerances and prescribed diet order.
- Completes patient menus using computerized system.
- Responsible for program support assistance and diet order processing from electronic systems and computerized diet office software.
- Responsible for running a variety of computerized reports, tabulates/tracks data such as missed meals, delivery times and error rates and maintains records of the findings.
- Responsible for assisting with the coordination of NFS meal time procedures to assist food service workers in the delivery of correct meals to patients.
- May be called upon to serve as checker for the patient tray line or to work a station on tray line.
- Collects and compiles data for patient satisfaction surveys, and maintains diet order data.
- Responsible for the inventory and ordering of office supplies and office equipment maintenance follow-up such as providing work orders and/or contacting service companies on contract for needed repairs.
- As assigned, the incumbent attends meetings and completes administrative assignments involving clinical nutrition and food service issues, and/or NFS business processes.
- Supports various administrative duties such as researching and compiling statistics for bulk nourishment costs, tube feeding reports, patient census and special meal reports for the NFS Chief, Supervisors, and Administrative Staff in preparation for budget and annual reports.
- Provides administrative support for the NFS Administrative Dietitian (ADPAC) for computerized diet office software and related reports.
Position Description Title/PD#: Dietetic Technician/PD30547-A
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary in nature, although the incumbent may occasionally carry light items such as books, files, and reports from one office to another. A great deal of time may be spent working at computer terminals, typically while comfortably seated at a desk or table. Must be able to bend and stoop. Work may involve periods of standing and walking throughout the Medical Center. Employee may work while standing in the kitchen to support tray production tasks, such as during checking trays for accuracy.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579562100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.