This position is located in the Food Components and Health Laboratory(FCHL) at the Beltsville Human Nutrition Center (BHNRC) worksite with one vacancy in Beltsville MD.This is an interdisciplinary position and may be filled in any of the job series/position titles listed. In addition to the specialized experience requirements, applicants must submit proof that they meet the educational requirements for at least one of the series described in the announcement.
Learn more about this agency
- Researches individuals' dietary, lifestyle and physiological characteristics influencing metabolic pathways (esp. macronutrient metabolism), energy metabolism, food self-selection, body composition, weight regulation and related chronic diseases.
- Serves on a team to quantitatively assess evidence that individuals' characteristics, dietary components, environment and lifestyle impact chronic disease (esp. obesity) increase in today's society and individuals' ability to maintain healthy weight.
- Performs work in compliance with Federal and state regulatory requirements that meets the Human Studies Protection and participatory consent requirements deemed necessary by cooperating Institutional Review Board(s).
- Conducts nutrition and lifestyle intervention studies using human volunteers onsite as well as in the field.
- Provides technical and administrative supervision of support positions, makes selections for positions, assigns duties, reviews work, approves/disapproves leave, and evaluates performance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579405100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.