The Supervisory General Engineer (Chief, Engineering Service) is a key member of the Executive Leadership Team and has full responsibility of management and supervision of all functional activities related to construction, renovation, Biomedical Engineering, and maintenance and operations of this multi-faceted, affiliated, Level 1 complexity Health Care System.Learn more about this agency
This position is also being recruited to the public under vacancy announcement: CBSY-10918240-20-LMM
The Chief Engineer manages a professional and technical staff of 66 (not including contract staff) and an average annual operating budget of $9.7 million in addition to an average $12 million yearly ($36 million/last 3 years) design and construction budget for a total average budget of $21.7 million annually. Total costs obligated, awarded and completed for maintenance, repair, renovations and new construction for the last three (3) years (FY19, FY18, FYI17) is $42.5 million.
Major duties and responsibilities of the position include but may not be limited to:
- Responsible for the planning, organizing, directing, evaluation and management of processes, methods and techniques necessary to integrate the Facilities, Maintenance and Biomedical programs into the mission of the Health Care System.
- Broad based professional engineering and highly inter-related managerial responsibilities. Successful execution of these responsibilities has major impact upon the outcome of patient care delivery.
- As the top advisor to the Executive Leadership Team, serves on standing committees of the facility.
- Called upon to occasionally serve as Acting Associate Director of Resources and Operations.
- Contributes to the resolution of a wide variety of facility issues/concerns since his/her activities take him/her throughout the physical plant.
- Involved with long and short-range planning, establishing policy, and budgeting for the Health Care System, as well as for the Engineering Service.
- Directs supervisors to allocate manpower and other resources amongst subordinate branches to make optimal use of manpower, equipment, and facilities.
- Ensures employee position descriptions and performance standards are accurate, current, and consistent with policy in order to evaluate of employee performance.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Supervisory General Engineer - Chief, Engineering Service/PD303610
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579359500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.