The incumbent performs physical plant engineering management work as a Supervisory General Engineer for Engineering Service, located at the Iowa City VA Medical Center in Iowa City, Iowa.Learn more about this agency
Major duties of the position include but may not be limited to:
- Develops goals and objectives that integrate the overall organization and Engineering Objectives with Maintenance and Operations requirements.
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets/adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules to meet changing mission requirements.
- Provides advice to the Chief and Assistant Chief Engineers regarding significant issues and problems related to accomplishment of work and establishes metrics and analysis systems to ensure actions are timely and reviewed at critical points.
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities of over 60+ employees and three Shop Supervisors.
- Encourages self-development and promotes an environment in which employees are empowered to participate in and contribute to effective mission accomplishment.
- Represents the Maintenance & Operations department while working/coordinating with a variety of internal and external organizations/agencies.
- Establishes, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with other facility service organizational elements inclusive of Safety, Biomedical, Project Engineering, Environmental Management, Interiors, etc.
- Determines appropriate recommendations for unresolved problems and performs follow-up. Researches and recommends appropriate actions or interpretation of issues with the potential to impact the organization or physical plant.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Supervisory General Engineer/PD501530
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579358400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.