The Program Support Assistant assists the Administrative Officer (AO) and Research Budget Analyst in performing a full range of recurring administrative, procurement and budgetary support duties that facilitate the conduct of more complex and detailed review and analysis of VA Research Service functions.Learn more about this agency
Major Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Plans, coordinates and accomplishes a variety of program support tasks such as coordinating the preparation and data gathering for special reports and formal responses to requests for data.
- Uses knowledge of a significant body of scientific and medical concepts and terminology as appropriate to properly review research protocols, grants and other research documents.
- Compiles statistical information to prepare expenditure reports for Research administration and for Principal Investigator and the Research Service.
- Utilizes software available to the Research Service to generate various reports concerning committee membership and all reviews required by research committees and their membership.
- Assist in planning conferences, workshops meetings by preparing agendas, invitations, and arranges appropriate rooms and audiovisual support.
- Assist in gathering information and supporting meetings, boards, symposia or conferences related to committees.
- Assists with the scheduling and preparation for department inspection and reviews.
- Maintains reports for research and laboratory safety.
- Reviews local research publications for proper VA acknowledgment, and inputs into database.
- Responsible for updating databases in a timely manner and ensure their accuracy as it impacts research compliance as well as future research funding approved and received by the medical center. Databases include: research service database, i.e., Research committee software, ePromise, Research & Development Information System (RDIS), and other national databases as required.
- Assists research staff in preparing procurement packages and required documents necessary to order supplies, equipment and services.
- Assist with tracking and recording of invoice payments and other research obligations.
- Prepare purchase orders, placing orders with vendors for research supplies which are under the micro purchase threshold.
- Monitor purchases and reconciles purchase orders and credit card billing statements.
- Conduct follow up action on undelivered orders and aged purchase card transactions to close our purchase orders.
- Maintains inventory logs.
- Responsible for preparation, maintenance, and timely submission of Time & Attendance reports.
- Receive and process all applications and other papers pertaining to annual, sick or other types of leave.
- Assists with instructions and submission of travel requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: M-F 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Support Assistant/PD11487O
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: NOT AUTHORIZED
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579356800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.