The mission of the Battle Creek Veterans Affairs Medical Center's (BCVAMC) Community Living Centers (CLC) is to restore the Veteran to the highest practicable level of well-being, maximum function and independence, prevent decline in health, and provide comfort at the end of life. The BCVAMC CLC identifies and treats Veterans' human responses to health and illness in a compassionate manner. The CLC is committed to providing resident-centered care.Learn more about this agency
If you ARE NOT a current permanent employee of the Battle Creek VAMC, Department of Veterans Affairs, or other Federal agency, you must apply under announcement CBSR-10918212-20-MHThe Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), in the CLC is a responsible, accountable, and participatory member of the nursing and interdisciplinary care teams and provides direct care to adult and older adult residents in this long term care setting.
- Has the knowledge and skills necessary for concentrated effort and self-direction in carrying out the most complex, practical nursing care assignments.
- Completes duties and responsibilities which involve performing nonstandard and specialized practical nurse activities.
- Understands the physical, social, and psychological changes associated with the normal aging process and is capable of distinguishing between these expected changes and pathological changes.
- Provides each CLC resident with the person-centered, individualized care he/she requires according to the interdisciplinary plan of care and understands that the primary role is to protect, sustain, and nurture the resident and to maximize each resident's quality of life by providing assistance as needed with activities of daily living.
- Is expected to provide residents with partial to maximal assistance and demonstrate the ability to meet residents' predictable and unpredictable complex care needs.
Work Schedule: As stated above. 6 -12 hour Night tour 1900-0730. and one 8 or 8.5 hour tour which could be days, evenings, or nights. He/She will be expected to rotate to the 12.5 hour night tour of duty (1900-0730) in a fair and equitable manner with her colleagues to ensure unit coverage.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579355300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.