The Inventory Management Specialist is located in the Pharmacy Service Line at Northern Arizona (Prescott) VA Healthcare System. The primary purpose of this position is procurement of all types of pharmaceuticals to include, infectious diseases, oncology, investigational drugs, controlled substances, supply items, Non-Formulary drugs as well as over-the-counter and all other prescription drugs and Pharmacy inventory management.Learn more about this agency
- Maintains effective and economical inventory management of all drugs, medical items and chemicals handled by pharmacy.
- Works to ensure that inventory levels of medications and medical supplies are managed so that patient care is not impaired due to insufficient stock or the unavailability of a therapeutic alternative
- Helps conduct all inventory counts, including but not limited to quarterly OIG reports, annual full inventory, and other needs as assigned.
- Determines, establishes, and modifies, as necessary, appropriate ordering intervals, inventory levels, most efficient and effective ordering quantities, sources of supply, etc
- Utilizes knowledge of available contract information to switch to alternate generic drug products when available.
- Provides authoritative interpretation of procurement issue to pharmacists, providers, technicians and pharmacy supervisor.
- Acts in the role of advisor to the pharmacy manager to ensure contract adherence and cost effectiveness.
- Works closely with Pharmacy Administration to ensure the All Hazards Cache supplies are properly stored and managed.
- Maintains pharmacy fund control records, verifies information and reconciles all problems, questions, or discrepancies in this area with appropriate personnel in Fiscal Office.
- Provides current and accurate drug budget information to the Pharmacy Chief. Provides information to the supervisor on matters that will require supplemental funding.
- Provides expertise and coordinates annual drug budgeting projections with the Pharmacy Chief
- Resolves budgetary discrepancies that arise among Fiscal and Pharmacy Services due to changes that occur during the procurement, obligation and delivery process
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00A-4:30P
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Inventory Management Specialist/PD12374A
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579354800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.