Acute Inpatient Mental Health Registered Nurse (RN) will effectively demonstrate sound judgment in the use of nursing process to provide/direct/manage patient care to individuals/groups of patients.Learn more about this agency
Acute Inpatient Mental Health Registered Nurse (RN) will be a member of an interdisciplinary team, works with and provides support to all member of the team, including physicians, medical residents, social workers, therapists, pharmacists, and other students.
The primary duties for the Acute Inpatient Mental Health Registered Nurse (RN) position include but are not limited to:
- Consistently and appropriately identifying, analyzing, and resolving patient care problems.
- Participate in planning for patient care.
- Demonstrate professional mental health nursing practice characterized by leadership in developing and implementing programs to improve patient care.
- Knowledge of medication administration required for patient care.
- Provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the adult and geriatric patients.
- Provide care appropriate to mental health diagnoses
- Assess and interpret data about the patient's status in order to identify each patient's needs.
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
Work Schedule: 8 or 12 hours - Day and PM shifts, rotating weekends and holidays.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. To participate in the program, you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA Policy 1021 and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office. The EDRP Coordinator, Kaley Budge-Meyer, can be reached at Kaley.Budge-Meyer@va.gov.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579351600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.