Up to $5,000 Sign-On Bonus (Recruitment Incentive) is Authorized for qualified candidate.Learn more about this agency
** STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT ELIGIBLE POSITION = EDUCATION DEBT REDUCTION PROGRAM (EDRP)
The Registered Nurse on the 7 West Inpatient Medical/Surgical Telemetry unit provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill and injured veterans. The nurse must have knowledge and actively participate in unit/program level quality improvement processes and initiatives as well as customer service programs. The Inpatient Medical/Surgical Registered Nurse is able to deliver technically competent care to patients with complex needs independently and with assistance from mentor/preceptor.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Documenting observations, assessments, and changes in patient's condition.
- Managing telemetry patients.
- Collaborating with health team members to facilitate positive patient care outcomes.
- Providing a full range of nursing care to patients with a variety of complex physical and/or behavior problems.
- Possess the ability to analyze critical conditions, recognize appropriate monitoring and critical thinking skills to provide the patient population with the correct medical treatment plan.
- Administers medication and procedures per established policies and guidelines.
- Active participation in staff and interdisciplinary care meetings.
- Identifies the application of research based material to implement best practices within the unit.
- Caring for patients before and after invasive procedures in which patients receive moderate sedation or anesthesia such as cardiac catheterization or general surgical procedures.
Work Schedule: 40 hours every 2 weeks. Day/Night rotation, evening rotation 12s/8s. Schedule includes rotating weekends and holidays.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. To participate in the program, you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA Policy 1021 and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579347600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.