The Social Worker, Acute Psychiatric Unit (APU) Treatment Program Manager, position is within Mental Health Services VA Roseburg Health Care System in Roseburg, Oregon.Learn more about this agency
The Social Worker, Acute Psychiatric Unit (APU) Treatment Program Manager, has significant personnel management responsibilities for a professional and non-professional staff, including support staff and professional staff.
Social Worker, Acute Psychiatric Unit (APU) Treatment Program Manager, are responsible for creating and maintaining programming for APU treatment including group and individual treatment. They provide direct administrative/program supervision for psychiatrist, psychologists, social workers, peer support specialists, and other members of the treatment team.
The Social Worker, Acute Psychiatric Unit (APU) Treatment Program Manager, is responsible for:
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure the provision of high-quality services to meet the needs of the Veterans being served and planning, developing, and implementing short and long-term goals and objectives consistent with the program's strategic plan
- Oversight of administrative and programmatic resources and deploy those resources in support of the program needs
- Develop and implement programs, and monitor outcomes using data-driven quality assurance processes and implement strategies for improvement based on data analysis
- Authority for resource allocations within the Acute Psychiatric Treatment Program.
- Ensures efficient and sustainable operation of the organizational unit
- Serves as liaison between the APU and individuals seeking treatment, serve as subject matter expert for APU, consulting with leadership on issues impacting and impacted by APU staff and the provision of APU services
- Oversee the establishment of program monitors and outcome measurements within programs using data-driven quality assurance processes
- Responsible for timely completion of all program evaluations and documents required by the Medical Center or healthcare system, VISN, and VACO, ensuring compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies (such as JCAHO) and monitoring entities (such as NEPEC), as appropriate
- Provides leadership guidance and consultation to staff within the APU, as well as other units to which assigned.
- Provides clinical supervision to various disciplines and levels of training.
- Involved in the training of medical students, medical and psychiatric residents, nursing students, fellows and other graduate or post-graduate trainees, as appropriate
- Serves as a consultant to other medical center staff and trainees and assists in their formulation of the psychological characteristics and appropriate treatment expectations regarding their patients
- Provides leadership guidance and consultation with the RRTP for PTSD and SUD as well as other units to which assigned.
- Provides a full range of psychosocial-diagnostic services including assessment and using the most appropriate psychotherapeutic techniques in providing quality care.
- Performs psychological evaluations (personality, cognitive, etc.) for mental health, domiciliary, and outpatient substance abuse programs
- Provides a full range of therapeutic interventions including: evidenced based and recovery oriented individual and group psychotherapy
- Direct or indirect (through subordinate supervision) programmatic supervision of subordinates. Responsibilities include supervision of the Acute Psychiatric Treatment program staff's professional management: Psychiatrist-VM 15 (2FTEE), Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner-VN-0160-III (1FTEE), Clinical Psychologist-GS 13 (1 FTEE), Social Worker-GS 11 (2 FTEE), and Peer Support Specialist-GS 9 (2 FTEE)
- Establish guidelines and performance expectations for staff, clearly communicated through the formal employee performance management system. Observes workers' performance; demonstrates and conducts work performance critiques
- Provides informal feedback and periodically evaluates employee performance. Incumbent works to resolves informal complaints and grievances
- Provides advice and counsel to workers related to work and administrative matters. Effects disciplinary measures, as appropriate, to the authority delegated in this area.
- Responsible for furthering the goals of equal employment opportunity (EEO) by taking positive steps to assure the accomplishment of affirmative action objectives and by adhering to nondiscriminatory employment practices in regard to race, color, religion, sex, and affirmative action for the area under incumbent supervision in the following: (1) merit promotion of employees and recruitment and hiring of applicants; (2) fair treatment of all employees; (3) encouragement and recognition of employee achievements; (4) career development of employees; and (5) full utilization of their skills
- Serves on Medical Center or Healthcare System, VISN, and/or National VA committees or task forces
- Member of the Social Work Professional Practice Committee
- Member of the local Social Work Standards and Review Board
- Actively participates in leadership roles on local, state, and national professional organizations
- Represents the Medical Center or Healthcare System at professional/program community group/events and committees.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579299000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.