The Audiologist is assigned to an Ambulatory Care setting in the Public Health Department, Occupational Medicine Division, at the Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center (FHCC), in North Chicago, Illinois.Learn more about this agency
- Provides audiometric testing, independent management and oversight of local HPR Programs and hearing loss prevention efforts.
- Conducts technical surveys, program reviews, evaluations, and consultations dealing with occupational hearing loss, hearing protection, hearing conservation and environmental noise control/mitigation.
- Provides data and reports to FHCC and local commands regarding HRP Program compliance, Significant Threshold Shifts (STS) rates, and other permanent program metrics.
- Provides outreach prevention services and consultative support to FHCC and local/regional commands through ongoing work site visits and collaboration with line/tenant, industrial hygienist, occupational medicine specialist and safety managers.
- Performs administrative, managerial and educational assist visits to audiometric test sites in the branch health clinics to ensure quality care and service, accurate test protocols and accurate/valid audiometric data collection.
- Establishes and maintains a database registry of information related to noise and hearing measurement in order to permit accurate decisions related to resource allocation and effective hearing loss prevention measures.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and advisor on matters concerning occupational hearing conservation.
- Provides technical expertise to others on matters related to the operational aspects of hearing conservation.
- Conducts a variety of hearing conservation training lectures and trains the trainer on various hearing loss prevention topics.
- Conducts ear impressions and provides mold fitting and dispensing of custom hearing protection and communication devices.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579289900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.