This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency. The incumbent will be responsible for oversight of all DTRA programs regarding matters of environmental and safety and all work situations affecting the health of employees and others at worksites and surrounding areas affected by worksite activities.Learn more about this agency
As a HEALTH PHYSICIST at the GS-1306-13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Manage and amend as necessary, DTRA's Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) license to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations regarding the use of radioactive materials and radiation-producing equipment in support of DTRA's worldwide radiological program.
- Implements the Agency-wide radiation safety policy regarding all DTRA activities, operations and personnel while ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and limitations of DTRA's (NRC) License and Quality Assurance Program.
- Develop and implement health physics and radiological control policies to assure safe and healthy work environments and practices at all DTRA locations worldwide.
- Administer and assure compliance with the provisions of all NRC licenses and radioactive material authorizations held by DTRA.
- Investigate accidents involving ionizing radiation, occurrences involving potential radiation overexposure of DTRA personnel, and the shipment of Special Nuclear Material.
- Conduct workplace inspections, audits and evaluations on a routine and non-routine basis in accordance with regulatory guidance, and recommends and implements corrective actions as required.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579286200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.