This position is located in the Office of the Executive Director, Human Capital Management Office (HCMO), Training and Employee Development Division. The incumbent leads projects and programs in planning, obtaining, conducting, and evaluating employee training and development. The incumbent reports to the Chief Learning Officer.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent assesses FTC's employee development needs. As necessary, conducts surveys and applies other assessment tools to determine training needs for individuals and for groups of employees. Participates on the FTC Training Council and chairs/leads Council subcommittees to determine employee development needs and to ensure key officials are aware of and support training initiatives.
- Advises and guides FTC program managers in planning training for major segments of agency personnel (e.g., continuing legal training), and advises individual supervisors in planning training programs for their organizations and employees. Oversees the creation of individual and group development plans to better focus course selections and training fund obligations. Leads programs and projects to work closely with various program offices to plan and produce developmental and continuing professional training. Introduces new training delivery mechanisms as opportunities arise in order to provide the broadest curricula to the largest possible segments of the workforce in the most easily accessible and productive formats. Continually assesses quality of training classes and adequacy of overall training programs, and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Initiates, develops, produces and manages the development of training proposals and of course/course/curriculum content. Upon approval of course/curriculum concepts, oversees composing of statements of work and issuing of vendor requests for information or other appropriate procurement devices, collaborating as necessary with procurement office staff to procure the desired class or program. Monitors a wide range of training venues and vendors to identify promising additions to FTC's training schedule.
- Oversees FTC's Leadership Development program to foster the development of leadership skills in its employees and to meet the agency's succession planning goals. The Program curriculum includes formal classroom work, on-the-job learning, Web-based learning, mentoring, field experiences, and working with other agencies. Oversees the preparation and provides guidance to senior executives in preparing the required individual Executive Development Plans.
- When potential new training initiatives are part of specialized recruitment initiatives, works closely with the Team Leaders and HR Specialists, HR Operations, to develop new programs around these initiatives. These may include career interns, visiting scholars, people with disabilities, student career experience (SCEP), and student loan repayment programs.
- Oversees FTC's training budget, and recommends training allocations for each program area during the annual budget allocation process. Assures that funds are tracked and that all contracts are continuously monitored to assure delivery of specified training, prompt payment of bills, and judicious use of the full training allocation. Acts as HCMO financial and contract expert to assist in budgeting, contract acquisitions, contract management and reconciliation of funds.
- Acts as the FTC Chief Learning Officer in his/her absence and represents the Chief Learning Officer at federal forums, conferences, meetings and events.
- Creates and maintains a federal network of training and development professionals for partnering on various programs and projects which benefit the FTC.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579224700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.