This position is located in the Employment and Training Administration, Office of Unemployment Insurance, Division of UI Operations (DUA).
This position is inside the bargaining unit.Learn more about this agency
As a recognized authority and expert in Unemployment Insurance (UI) Programs, the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Supports the provision of program technical assistance and guidance to regional staff, grantees, and other stakeholder groups on specific UI program activities and/or legislative initiatives.
- Conducts completes studies for the development of operational guideline and training materials. Serves as a UIPS.
- Works collaboratively to support administration and oversight of UI programs, grants, and contracts.
- Assists in coordination and collaboration with programs of other Federal agencies.
- Selects successful methods and techniques used by other organizations and adapts and extends such material to solve problems in similar situations.
- Contracts officials of other organizations to advise on problems and render technical operations of the funded programs.
- Serves as an UI program expert on behalf of the agency.
- Reviews and analyzes Federal and State law, regulations and administrative procedures.
- Provides authoritative advice and consultation to ETA officials and customers.
- Recommends new approaches and alternatives to address current or anticipated problems.
- Negotiates acceptable agreements to resolve conflicts and controversial disputes.
- Elicits support of program officials, customers, and other concerned parties.
- Provides leadership in formulating methods for getting results through cooperative efforts.
- Develops and applies new methods, approaches, and techniques or the extension, revision, and adaptation of existing methodology to new or unusual applications or situations.
- Develops and applies new methods and techniques to solve problems where existing guides are largely inapplicable.
Occasional travel - Infrequent 5% or less
13 - Promotion Potential to the GS-13 level.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579216400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.