The Information Technology (IT) Division is responsible for the planning, development and management of the IT systems and subsystems that support the District of Columbia Courts' case flow, office automation, special programs and management operations. The incumbent will serve as a specialist providing network configuration and management support to Court users.Learn more about this agency
The Information Technology (IT) Specialist for Cloud Administration will be responsible for the preparation, design, migration, administration and maintenance of the DC Courts' LAN/WAN Cloud applications. The incumbent will assist in selecting top Cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the Courts and will provide daily oversight, upkeep and administration of the Courts' Cloud services and infrastructure.
The incumbent will be expected to provide outside of hours, on-call support for critical systems on a shift rotation basis and, where necessary, work the occasional weekend/evening to perform maintenance, upgrades, repairs or troubleshooting.
Please note: This position will be open until filled. Resumes will be reviewed once every two weeks and October 1, 2020 will be the first review date.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Evaluates cloud applications, hardware, software and implements cost-control strategies.
- Defines and maintains network architecture and infrastructure.
- Migrates complex, multi-tier applications on cloud platforms.
- Designs and deploys cloud systems in accordance with the DC Courts' IT security directives and procedures.
- Diagnoses and resolves network problems; develops network backup and recovery procedures.
- Installs, tests, maintains, and upgrades operating systems software.
- Assist in determining the Azure Cloud strategy.
- Act as subject matter expert for the architecture, planning, implementation, and support for Office 365 and Hybrid-Office 365 implementations, Active Directory, Azure AD, Active Directory Synchronization, or Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579215800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.