THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: 103d Force Support Squadron (FSS), East Granby, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the CTANG.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the CTANG.
Area 3: Individuals eligible for membership in the CTANG. Membership must be satisfied within four (4) months of selection.
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to supervise and manage the Sustainment Services Flight, Manpower & Personnel Flight, Force Development Flight, Human Resource Systems Manager, Customer Support, Career Development, and Force Management functions. Position is responsible to plan, direct, organize, and oversee the programs, events and activities of all functional areas within the Force Support Squadron essential to mission accomplishment.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Air National Guard recruiter at (860) 292-2502 before applying for this position.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides administrative and technical supervision and guidance to the Sustainment Services Flight, Manpower & Personnel Flight, Force Development Flight, Human Resource Systems Manager, Customer Support, Career Development, and Force Management functions of the FSS.
- Performs the full scope of supervisory functions including the assignment of duties, interview and selection of employees.
- Interviews candidates for positions and selects or recommends selection of candidates for vacancies, promotions, details, and reassignments in consideration of skills and qualifications, mission requirements, EEO and diversity objectives.
- Hears and resolves employee and group grievances or complaints and refers serious unresolved complaints to higher-level management.
- Identifies and consults with Human Resources Office on employee developmental needs and provides or arranges for training (formal and on-the-job) to maintain and improve job performance.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579184200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.