The Organizational Development Psychologist (ODP), position is aligned directly under VA Roseburg Health Care System Director of Integrative Health and Education (IH&E) in Roseburg, Oregon..Learn more about this agency
The Organizational Development Psychologist (ODP) is responsible for delivering Organization Development services to five geographically locations consisting of 1300 VA Roseburg Health Care System employees.
The Organizational Development Psychologist (ODP) is aligned directly under the RVAHCS Director of Integrative Health and Education (IH&E) and is responsible for delivering Organization Development services to five geographically locations consisting of 1300 RVAHCS employees. These services include strategic planning support, workplace assessments, teambuilding, stress management, executive coaching, leadership development, VA All Employee Survey analyses and interpretation, transition briefings, HRO, Implicit Bias training, and systems redesign work. The primary duty will include overseeing and managing the leadership development program.
Organizational Development Psychologist (ODP)is responsible for working collaboratively with National Program development and support such as the HPDM (High Performance Development Model) redesign office, VA Servant Leadership National program through HLTI and NCOD, and the National VA IBBI (Interactive Behavioral-Based Interviewing) model.
The Organizational Development Psychologist (ODP) designs, administers, and analyzes the organizational performance of teams at the facility providing support to not only RVAHCS but VISN or National Offices upon request. The Organizational Development Psychologist (ODP) also provides continuous assessment including 360 Degree Assessments, Personal Development Plans, and provides professional consultation on assessment instrument development and/or selection as well as interpretation of results and assistance with workgroup development and organization improvement activities, especially those aligned with the Federal Employee Engagement efforts as a way to support the VA national strategic plan.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for supporting the Roseburg Medical Center, the Eugene Health Care Center, the Downtown Eugene Clinic, the North Bend Clinic, and the Brookings Clinic, along with various additional complex local, regional, and national program improvement initiatives.
- Responsibility assigned is to build, manage, and evaluate the in-depth leadership development program at VA Roseburg Health Care System employees. This will be a three-tier program that all supervisors and managers are required to go through to achieve competency in leadership skills.
- Responsibility to design metrics for measuring outcomes of these programs, reporting directly to the Director of IH&E.
- Partners with executive teams assisting with strategic planning efforts, team development, stress management, and leadership development processes. Several specific examples of methods and instruments used to work with executive teams include the DiSC Work Style Assessment, Appreciative Inquiry, Communications Strategies, Hiring Methods, and Microinequity training.
- Partners with VA Roseburg Health Care System employees Systems Redesign Office to support RVAHCS Center for Learning and Organization Development (CLOD).
- Coordinates and manages the process of providing OD services to all supervisors and managers at VA Roseburg Health Care System employees.
- Works directly with executive leadership teams, provides ongoing consultation around issues that impact strategic planning efforts, problem solving, and conflict management and resolution. Leads trained field staff to assist in providing OD services.
- Researches employee engagement and psychological safety measure at local and network levels, and analyzes factors that contribute to both higher and lower outcomes in order to support ongoing development of best practices and implementation of those best practices locally and nationally. Utilizes and analyzes All Employee Survey data to help direct work with local and network-level teams.
Incumbent is responsible for DiSC Workstyle training and management for local facilities and network level staff. Incumbent maintains the DiSC database system and provide ongoing requests for data and interpretation of those data.
- Incumbent is responsible for the RVAHCS national partnership with VACO offices that support leadership development, diversity and inclusion, providing ongoing updates and analyses of program outcomes that affect employee engagement efforts and customer service initiatives.
- Serves as member on the VA Roseburg Health Care System employees Diversity and Inclusion Subcommittee, providing consultation to the councils and is responsible for reporting on strategies that fall under the councils' strategic plans for OD services, including but not limited to Employee Engagement projects, Veteran Experience efforts and employee health and wellness efforts. Facilitates Implicit Bias trainings and workshops.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579143500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.