Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the best places to work in the federal government! The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Jobs Website.Learn more about this agency
*This vacancy has been extended until October 8, 2020
This position is located in the Office of the Under Secretary and Director, United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) in one of the three Regional Offices:
- Dallas, Texas
- Denver, Colorado
- Detroit, Michigan
The individual(s) selected for this position will…
- Serve as Administrative Officer and principal advisor to the Director with a high level of delegated responsibility to act on his/her behalf for all administrative functions within a USPTO Regional Office (RO).
- Provide administrative and executive support for daily office operations and internal and external communications within an assigned RO (Dallas, Texas; Denver, Colorado; or Detroit, Michigan); serves as point- of-contact and liaison with other ROs, the Office of the Under Secretary and Director, and/or other related positions at headquarters; and performs assignments that are confidential, time critical, and sensitive in nature.
- Prepare materials for meetings, including meeting agendas, and ensures that Director is prepared for the meetings.
- Maintain all relevant databases to track tasks, reports, budget, correspondence, etc.
- Coordinate and facilitate all logistics for travel and travel claims for the Director and RO personnel; arrange all domestic and international travel.
- Assist in setting up and preparing for meetings, coordinates details with procuring food and beverage for work-related events and meetings, including serving as a point of contact for fee collection.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579109700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.