This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under DoD Modified Direct Hire Authority, Section 1109; PL, 116-92, dated 12/20/2019 .
As a Interdisciplinary General Engineer/Physical Scientist at the GS-0801/1301-14/15 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Conceives, plans, conducts, and executes Agency applied science, engineering, research, development, and demonstration programs in high-risk, high-reward areas related to locating, identifying, characterizing, and locating hard and deeply buried targets, weapons of mass destruction and other high value assets.
- Recognizes opportunities for development of new technologies that provide improved capabilities to support the Agency's mission. Seeks to form teams to enhance program development, facilitate synergy, and minimize duplication of effort.
- Leads complex technical development programs to stay abreast of the latest scientific theories, experiments, and technology trends in Hard and Deeply Buried Targets (HDBT) defeat area.
- Represents the Agency on committees of national and international importance that focus on holding adversarial and command, control, communications, and intelligence (C3I) and WMD- related infrastructure at risk.
- Maintains required liaison with personnel within the Agency, the military Services, DoD agencies, and any other relevant organizations including DIA and other Agencies to assess operational warfighter requirements for C3I and WMD-related facilities.
- Guides the identification, development and maturation of target sensing technologies to identify, characterize, and assess HDBT and related WMD facilities.
- Extensive analysis and leadership is required in making decisions and managing projects to include requirements development, logical analysis, design solution, implementation, integration, verification, validation transition, decision analyses, technical planning, technical assessment requirements management, risk management, configuration management, technical data management, and interface management.
Occasional travel - Travel in the performance of temporary assignments may be required up to 25% of duty time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579091900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.