THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.Learn more about this agency
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
- Makes a variety of complex decisions with responsibility for results in programs that mitigate potential for damage to resources, improvements, and human safety.
- Is responsible for planning and carrying out fire prevention programs, coordinating with others, and interpreting policy.
- Interprets policies and restrictions of the Forest Supervisor and issues guidelines and instructions for their implementation.
- Is responsible for the administration and management of the Forest Fire Prevention Management Program.
- Prepares budget and controls expenditures. Prepares long and short range plans for prevention, integrating them with other functions, resource plans, and objectives.
- Reviews and evaluates the interrelationship of various elements of the fire management program, with functional resource plans and overall land management plans and schedules.
- Provides advice to Forest and Ranger District Staff on the compatibility of proposed actions in their functional area with the overall fire management plan.
- Develops alternative strategies which reduce adverse effects on fire management and other activities.
- Determines appropriate fire prevention response condition as prescribed by unit policy, and develops strategies and tactics aimed at effectively meeting land management objectives for the forest area.
- Performs wildfire suppression support as directed within training and physical and other duties as assigned.
- Duties listed are at full performance grade GS-11 level.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnight on fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579079300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.