This position is located in the Human Capital Information Systems (HCIS) Branch, Human Capital Management Office (HCMO) in the Office of the Executive Director (OED), Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The HCIS team is responsible for managing and evaluating HC systems & processes, pulling human resources data and metrics, implementing systems HCMO wide, managing HCMO's corporate web presence; serving as an advisor to FTC employees on HCIS needs.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent performs a wide variety of human capital (HC) data and analytical tasks with HC management for assessing the effectiveness of and for use in workforce analysis, trust and federal benefits administration, personnel action processing, audits, etc.The incumbent will also perform the following duties:
- Maintains data in HCIS systems and databases and assures information is available on a timely basis.
- Provides expert technical assistance on the HC automated information systems' procedures and applications. Resolves extremely complex/difficult problems encountered or referred from others within assigned program areas and analyze situations presented and issues involved where you will assesses management needs and/or concerns.
- Monitors HCIS integrations to ensure they are functioning properly and troubleshooting any issues.
- Serves as the lead in the development of reports for HC strategic responsibilities, projects and external agency auditors.
- Represents the FTC with the Commission's human resources shared service provider on change management processes based on feedback or requests from the various HCMO offices.
- Serves as the principal point of contact for the Commission's human resources shared service provider involving the interagency agreement.
- Trains, coaches, advises, and provides technical assistance and resources to the human resource team, liaisons, managers and supervisors to assure improved performance and utilization of HCIS systems for increased proficiency and responsiveness in all service delivery areas.
- Provides administrative and workforce management recommendations and assistance to HCMO and OED leadership.
- Interprets statistical models that explain or predict outcomes related to hiring, productivity, engagement, and attrition.
- Designs, develops, and maintains routine and ad hoc reports; and present reports to supervisor in various formats such as a spreadsheet, PDF, or word processor document.
- Uses large data sets to research new or improved business and management practices for application to program operations.
- Performs extensive research and analyzes the results to develop recommendations to high-level management through research fact-finding and evaluative techniques.
- Applies manual and automated means to complex report/graph presentations, data retrieval and preparation of memoranda and other written guidelines and recommendations relating to projects.
- Provides expert knowledge of a wide range of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques both qualitative and quantitative to accomplish complex projects or studies of broad scope.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579078100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.