This position of Food Service Worker is assigned to the Food Service Section of Nutrition & Food Services at the Roseburg VAMC. The Food Service Worker performs tasks with several steps or a sequence of tasks that requires attention to work operations.Learn more about this agency
Commonly assigned duties consist of, but are not limited to:
- Working the on the tray line, placing utensils and condiments on the patient trays according to the patients' dietary needs.
- Deliver trays to patient wards, passing trays to patients following proper patient identification procedures, hand hygiene, and safety protocols.
- Retrieve dirty trays and carts and works all stations in the dish room.
- Working the coffee station and juice & salads station on tray line.
- Serve food items when uniform portions of food are served out (regular diet items without dietary restrictions or modifications having to be followed).
- Break down and clean assigned area when the meal is finished.
- Operate the commercial dish washing machines.
- Cleans walk in refrigerators, freezers, and venting exhaust hoods.
- remove trash and recycled items.
Position Description Title/PD#: Food Service Worker/PD30428-A
Physical Requirements: The FSW at this level will perform work requiring light to heavy physical effort.
They are subject to continuous standing and walking, frequent stooping, reaching, pushing,
pulling, and bending. They frequently lift or move objects weighing up to 20 pounds unassisted
(e.g. pushing small carts of dirty dishes) and routinely lift or move objects weighing more than
20 pounds (e.g., filling plate and tray dispensers, putting cases of product away, moving sheet
pans of prepared food items). They may frequently lift or move objects weighing up to 40
Working Conditions: The majority of work is performed in the kitchen areas where steam and
heat from cooking and dish washing equipment often causes uncomfortably high temperatures
and humidity. The work area is well lighted but usually noisy from food service activities, and
there is danger of slipping on floors where food or beverages have been dropped or spilled.
Food service workers are regularly exposed to hot liquids, sharp cutting blades, hot working
surfaces, and extreme temperature changes when entering walk in refrigeration or freezing
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579040600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.