This position is located within a National Forest. The primary purpose of this position is to perform presale duties including timber marking, traversing, and basic tree measurements.Learn more about this agency
- Selects and marks individual trees for harvest using well defined marking guidelines, silvicultural prescriptions, and specific instruction.
- For 3-p sampling, estimates individual tree volume by established methods.
- Traverses harvest units, processes information and produces maps.
- Designates sale area and cutting unit boundaries on the ground.
- Interprets Aerial Photos and locates ground features.
- For timber cruising, serves as tally person and may operate electronic field data recorders.
- Assists in the measure of limiting distances, tree diameter, tree height, estimation of defect and quality, and related fundamental timber cruising procedures. Timber cruising is done under the direct supervision of a qualified timber cruiser.
- Observes and reports areas of possible archeological significance, and sightings of sensitive, threatened or endangered wildlife species.
- Participates in other aspects of resource management support work such as recreation, maintenance, silviculture, tree planting, etc.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578982700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.